We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. Who we are
The data controller is Personal Products & Service LP (“Personal Products & Service”, “we”, “our”, “us”);
Company number: NL 778;
Address: Office 535 21 Botanic Avenue, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT7 1JJ;
Email: [email protected]
Personal Products & Service collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. The personal information we collect and use
2.1. In the course of us providing products and services to you, we may collect the personal information that you provide. This information may consist of:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, gender, marital status, title, date of birth, email address.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, cookie ID’s, web log information, device identifiers and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, your browsing activity including intended purchases and aborted baskets, completion of surveys, wish-lists, connection information and statistics on your visits to site and page views, the links you click and other actions you take on our services, within our advertising or e-mail content and participation in promotional activity. Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
2.2. We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
3. How we use your personal information
3.1. We use this information in a number of ways:
- Respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- To ensure the smooth processing and delivery of your order, or to contact you if there is a problem with your order;
- To allow us to make any subsequent visits you may make to our website as easy as possible, meaning you don't have to resubmit certain information each time you shop with us;
- To profile our customer database to help us improve our service and product range and to help us attract similar customers. This may involve working with third party analysis companies;
- Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
4. Who we share your personal information with
4.1. We occasionally share your personal information with reputable third party providers who help us provide and offer products and services to you and who take the security of your personal information seriously.
4.2. We may transfer your personal information to third party providers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
4.3. We have in place appropriate contractual safeguards with those third party organisations that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
5. How long your personal information will be kept
5.1. We will hold your personal information for no longer than necessary but in any event no longer than 6 years after (i) you cease to be a customer (ii) our last communication with you (unless we are legally required or have a legitimate business interest to retain it. Reasons we can collect and use your personal information We rely on the following lawful bases: our legitimate interests, consent from you (if applicable) and for the purposes of concluding a contract with you as the legal grounds for collecting and using your personal data. Our legitimate interests are providing or offering our products or services to you.
6. Your rights
6.1. Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
6.2. For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us.
6.3. Our customer's privacy is of the utmost importance to us and we will never release your details to third party organisations for the purpose of marketing or communications without your prior agreement. Personal Products & Service operates a positive OPT IN option for anyone choosing to receive marketing information from carefully selected third parties. If you would prefer not to receive this information you can OPT OUT at any time by visiting your account pages or clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
8. Keeping your personal information secure
8.1. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
8.2. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
8.3. If you want detailed information from Personal Products & Service on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please contact us.
8.4. Personal Products and Service use the latest Secure Server Technology to ensure that all data submitted through our website is protected to the highest standards.
9. How to complain
9.1. We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
10. Changes to this privacy notice
10.1. We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.